You can run C and C++ program easily on windows XP by using free bloodshed software, that you can download from here. This is a very light and useful tool for running C and C++ program easily on Windows (Windows XP). You also need not to know the various commands to run and execute the program as in Linux.
Here is the step by step procedure to run your first CPP program on windows.
1. Download the software from this link
2. Install it on your windows machine.
3. After installation run the software.
4. In window press CTRL+N (open new source file).
5. Copy and paste your first code. Let the code is-
// my first program in C++
using namespace std;
int main ()
cout << “Hello World!”;
6.Go to File>save on the window and save it with any name at desktop
7. Now click on Execute> Compile (of software window)
8. when you get “Done” signal, click on Execute> Run. Thats it! You will get the output of your program.
cin.get(); in the code is provided to keep open output exe file (that you need to open after compiling program). If you dont put cin.get(); in code output file will close just after opening it.