To make any folder completely invisible or hidden, you need to do two things
1. Make the folder name invisible 2. Make the folder icon invisible. This method is applicable for Windows XP and Vista.
Step 1- Make folder name invisible
- Right click on folder that you want to be invisible or hidden, choose “rename” option. Erase the original folder name. (Cursor should be blinking in name field)
- Now hold down “ALT” key.
- While holding the ALT key type 0160 or 255 from right side number keypad.
- Now release ALT key.
You will see cursor will move 1 step. Now click ENTER.
- You will see folder name is invisible now.
Step-2 Make folder icon invisible.
- Now go on to the properties of the folder ( By right click ) and click “Customize”, and click “Change Icon”.
- Here you will find some icons without any kind of images, choose it and click OK.
Now your folder will be completely invisible. To locate the folder try to select the invisible folder by holding mouse and drag it around folder.
If you are still getting trouble, watch this video.