Many people think that if they book the train ticket from IRCTC, their bank account will be hacked. Many people also think that there is possibility of not getting ticket after paying online.
Here is the explanations.
1. Booking train ticket from IRCTC is completely safe. Register yourself with IRCTC.CO.IN free with correct information, don’t forget the username and password at any time, better write it at safe place or save it in your email. It is safe even if other people will get your user ID and Password.
2. Fill the correct data while booking the ticket, check fare, timing, train number and boarding details.
3. After confirming the booking you will be redirected to online bank account website or related website. You will be no longer at the IRCTC website, so entering bank username and password is completely safe, IRCTC will never know it.
4. Check the amount to be deducted from your bank account or from credit card or debit card.
5. Authenticate the money transfer to IRCTC, you will get transaction number, note it down, never try to refresh the page or don’t do any thing.
7. You will be automatically redirected to IRCTC page, where you will get acknowledgement of payments.
8. You will get the ticket information (PNR number etc) and print option instantly. You will also get the details of ticket booked (or cancelled) at your email, so use working email ID at irctc.
9. In any case (rarely ) if ticket is not booked and money is deducted from your bank account, money will be returned back you (from where it is deducted) without doing any thing within 4-5 days. You need not do any thing.
10. After payment , you can print the ticket at any time and any number of time by clicking the recent booking link.
11. If you cancel the ticket, money will be returned back to the source from where it is deducted in 4-5 days, so it is better to use your own bank account to track the money returned. You need not do any things.
12. If you are on waiting list in the ticket booked at irctc, never board the train, you will be treated as without ticket, because the amount of ticked is returned back to the source bank if ticket is not confirmed while preparing the chart.
13. If you are using IRCTC booked ticket always keep original IDENTITY Proof, like ID card or PAN card (don’t use Photostat copy of ID proof)
14. You can not book the ticket from IRCTC at time between 11 PM to 4 AM.