Commercial Pilot is getting one of the highest salary in India, Fresh pilot salary is around Rs 1.5 Lakh per moth for domestic airlines. Salary moves up rapidly with year of experience and on the international route. Experienced pilot on international route can get 5-6 lakh Rupees per month as salary.
To become a pilot, aspirants need to join Air flying schools after completion of 10+2, they should pass the 10+2 exam with physic, chemistry, math. Minimum marks should be 50%.
Here is some of the flying schools for training in flying from where SPL, PPL, and CPL training can be completed:
- Indira Gandhi Rashtriya Uran Akademi, Uttar Pradesh
- Flying Training Institute, Behala, Calcutta
- Government Aviation Training Institute, Civil aerodrome, Bhubaneswar
- Karnal Aviation Club, Kunjpura Road, Karnal, Haryana
- Government Flying Club, Aerodrome, Lucknow
- School of Aviation Science and Technology, Delhi Flying Club Ltd, New Delhi
- State Civil Aviation, UP Govt Flying Training Center Kanpur and Varanasi
- Rajasthan State Flying School, Sanganer Airport, Jaipur
- Govt Flying Training School Jakkur Aerodrome, Bangalore
- Andra Pradesh Flying Club Hydrabad Airport, Hydrabad
- Assam Flying Club, Guwahati Airport, Guwahati
- Bihar Flying Institute, Civil Aerodrome, Patna, Bihar (More details are here)
They need to clear the entrance test exam of the flying schools in India, they also need to clear the physical fitness (Which is tough one). Only totally fit person can get opportunity to get admission in flying schools.
The cost of education is very high, it is around Rs 15- 20 lakh. Many banks can give loan up to 50%.
After completion of education, they get the licence of pilot. Airlines companies hires the successful candidates as trainee.
The salary of trainee is less. After successful completion of training periods they are posted as pilot.
Even after becoming commercial pilot, they need regular medical check up, any problem in health can cause cancellation of the licence of the pilot.
So, over all, job as a pilot is too challenging as well as very high rewarding .
Don’t confuse with the job of pilot of Indian air Force. IAF pilot is selected through NDA exam, training is free and pay is based on Indian gov salary (Air Force) which is around 40-50 K Rs per moth. IAF pilot can not to leave their job to become commercial pilot easily.