Tatkal seat booking starts from 10:00 AM and most of seats booked within 15 minutes. You can check real time Tatkal seat availability at erail.in
At Erail.in it is a very simple, easy and fast way to check Tatkal seat availability. It does not require any login. Here is the step by step procedure.
- Open erail.in in Firefox browser.
- Fill starting station and fill bellow destination station (for fast, type station code name), select quota as TATKAL and then click “show train” (onward journey) bar. You will see list of train that is running between sources to destination station. In the right side for each train name, you will see “AV ” link for each class.
- Select the date by clicking “>” in date (mostly tomorrow, for some train it may be day after tomorrow if the train started one day before from first station)
- Click the AV link in desired class i.e. 1st AC, 2nd AC, 3rd AC, slipper class, Chair car (CC), SS (Second class sitting) etc. that you want. It will display the real time Tatkal seat available for that train in that class below.
- It is very fast responding website and it give available seat number very fast.
- If it will ask for plugin installation, install the add-on plugin in firefox. Link for Add-On will be given at massage or click this link.
- You can also check the seat availability in other quota i.e. general quota, foreign quota, Defence quota, ladies quota,Lower Birth quota, Yuva quota, Handicapped quota, Head Quarters quota, duty pass quota and parliament quota.
It is good website to check in case there is several option of train and you have to select train based on number of availability of seat. In very less time you can scan all train.
Don’t check seat availability at IRCTC website as it becomes very slow in peak time.