If you want to get Degree without living your job or without attending College, distance education or correspondence course is best option for you. The Degree from open university is not as effective as regular full time course Degree, but it can help you to some extent. Here is the information of some well known universities of India for Distance education.
1. Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) - Right Now IGNOU is the largest and most popular university in India for distance learning courses and certificates courses. It offers largest numbers of courses including MBA and MCA. Some courses of IGNOU requires to attain few class room session also. For most of the subject or stream candidate need not to go through any entrance test, but some courses like MBA and MCA, candidates need to clear entrance test. The fee is low, MCA in IGNOU will cost a max of Rs. 32000.00 (approximate), Payable in installment of close to Rs. 5000.00, half yearly. Overall, the quality of education by IGNOU is low, IGNOU has still a long way to go. Get more detail about IGNOU at www.ignou.ac.in
2. Annamalai University- Popular courses at Distance Learning Courses at Annamalai University are M.B.A courses, M.Phil courses, Hotel Management Studies, Fashion Design Studies, I.T Programmes, Health Science Programmes. All the programmes of study offered by the Directorate of Distance Education have the approval of the Distance Education Council, New Delhi.
Annamalai Nagar – 608 002
t : 91 – 4144 – 238248/263/796
f : 91 – 4144 – 238080
e : firstname.lastname@example.org
w : www.annamalaiuniversity.ac.in
v : +91 – 4144 – 237356/237357
3. Osmania University- Ever since the Osmania University established the Centre for Distance Education, the Centre has witnessed phenomenal growth and emerged as a pioneering institution in the field of Distance Education, with potential for excellence. Candidates from all over India will be admitted without age and area restriction and without any entrance test [Except for MBA & MCA ]provided they fulfill the requisite conditions of eligibility to various courses.
4. Sikkim Manipal University- The courses include Master degree programs, Bachelor degree programs, Diploma and Post Graduate diploma programs, both in Information Technology and Management category.
5. NALANDA OPEN UNIVERSITY (NOU)- The Nalanda Open University is the only University in the State of Bihar meant for imparting learning exclusively through the system of distance education.
Nalanda Open University Biscomaun Bhawan, Gandhi Maidan, Patna-800001, Bihar, India
6. Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning(SCDL) , Pune – Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning(SCDL) is a centre of excellence offering quality Distance Education.
7. Karnataka Open University – Total Enrollment in the year 2000 were 27231; Enrollments in 2004 are over 30,000 students
8. University of Madras Institute of Distance Education (University of Madras IDE), Chennai, Tamil Nadu
9. Mahatma Gandhi University – School of Distance Education, Kottayam, Kerala
10. ICFAI University – A number of educational programs are offered in management, finance, banking, insurance, accounting, law, information technology, arts, commerce, education and science and technology at Bachelor’s and Master’s levels on full-time campus and flexible learning formats. Examinations are conducted at over 168 test centers all over India, four times a year. The University has no study centers outside the authorized jurisdictions.
Indian Institute of Commerce and Trade – Indian Institute of Commerce and Trade (IICT), Lucknow offer autonomous 2 year MBA (Foreign Trade) ,MBA (Finance ),MBA (Marketing),MBA (HRD),MBA (Pharma Marketing ),MBA (Tourism ),MBA (Software Marketing ),MBA (Hospital Management),MBA (Insurance management), MBA (Banking) ,MBA (IT),MBA (Operations Management),1 year Post graduate Diploma / 6 month Advance Diploma and 4 month Diploma , through correspondence / Distance Education,