Now you can verify the tax deducted by your employer as TDS has credited to income tax department or not with your name and pan card number. Simply Check your Annual tax Statement (Form 26AS ) from your online bank account. Login into your bank account and click on the link to view Income tax statement. You can get details of all income tax deposited by you and your company in this 26 AS form and you can verify it for correctness.
The online banking facility is providing this facility through your PAN CARD number registered with the bank account. So to view 26AS form you need not to make account at tin-nsdl.com. If any mismatch found between TDS data of your form 16 and form 26AS, following things to be considered. .
The possible reasons for no credit being displayed in your Form 26AS can be:
- Deductor /collector has not filed his TDS/TCS statement;
- You have not provided PAN to the deductur / collector;
- You have provided incorrect PAN to the deductor / collector;
- The deductor/collector has made an error in quoting your PAN in the TDS/TCS return;
- The deductor/collector has not quoted your PAN;
- The details of challan against which your TDS/TCS was deposited was wrongly quoted in the statement by the deductor or wrongly quoted in the challan details uploaded by the bank.
To rectify these errors you may request the deductor:
- to file a TDS/TCS statement, if it has not been filed;
- to rectify the PAN using a PAN correction statement in the TDS/TCS statement that has been already uploaded if it has made an error in the PAN quoted;
- to furnish a correction statement if the deductor had filed a TDS/TCS statement and had inadvertently missed providing your details or you had not given your PAN to him before he filed the TDS/TCS return;
- to furnish a correction statement if the deductor had filed a TDS/TCS statement which had mistake in the challan details;
- to take up with the bank to rectify any mistake in the amount in the challan details uploaded by the bank. (source)