You can keep all your mobile contact safely in your gmail, so that in case you lose your mobile or purchase new mobile, you can easily get all contacts back into new mobile.
There are many chances that you can lose all contacts in your mobile due to software problem or resetting mobile to factory setting or by loosing mobile handset. So it’s better to keep backup of all contact in your email. It’s very easy and takes very less time to restore all contact.
To keep the contact number safe, you should practice following things for minimum trouble.
1. Make default place to save mobile number as “SIM card” (only one SIM card in case of duel SIM mobile). So that all the contacts will be available in single SIM card. Try to transfer all contact number in Single SIM. If you change mobile handset, all contact will automatically come to new hand set by SIM itself.
2. If your mobile handset support backing up all contacts in VCF file format, make VCF file (or CSV or vCARD format).
Here is the procedure to make vcf or similar file (contact backup) in Android mobile that you can save in gmail.
1. Go to Contacts, select option, select Import/Export, in the “from” option select SIM in which all contact is present and then click next, in to “to” option select “Phone” as option and click next, click all to select all contact, click OK. In this way all contact will be copied to phone.
2. Now again Go to Contacts, select option, select Import/Export, in the “from” option select “PHONE” in which all contact is present now, click next, in to “to” option select “SD card” as option and click next, click all to select all contact, click OK. In this way all contact will be saved in SD card in single file with file name extension comes as vcf or similar extension.
3. From this vcf or similar format file yon can extract all contact in Gmail CONTACT, that you can view as well as import when required.
4. you can transfer this vcf or similar format file to the computer through email from SD card (or by directly connecting android mobile to computer).
5. In the desktop computer or laptop, save the vcf file and open Gmail in standered view. On the Left side in the drop down menu you will see Gmail, Contact and Task as option, select Contact from it. In the “More” Drop Down menu select Import, chose the vcf file or other contact file. All the contact will be uploaded in Contacts of Gmail. Whenever required you can export it in contact format, that file can be used to restore the contact
6. If you mobile is not supported for above function, just take you SIM in any other android mobile and save all contact from Gmail to your SIM and remove the SIM from that android mobile and insert the SIM in your handset, all contact will be present in your SIM.