Just follow these simple Rules of Celibacy, your life will improve in amazing way.
(1) Celibacy is more related to mind than body. Hence keep your mind under control and live for great ideals.
(2) Eyes and ears are the chief instructors to the mind. Take special care to steer clear of obscene pictures and talks.
(3) Mind is always busy and it constantly wants something to dwell upon. It tends to become engaged in base thoughts whenever free. An empty mind is the devil’s workshop. Therefore be intent on doing virtuous actions.
(4) “As is your food, so shall be your mind“. This is absolutely true. Avoid consuming hot spicy foods,too hot food, non-vegetarian items, tea, coffee, fast-food, etc.
(5) Take light and unctuous foods. You must take your night meal at least two hours before going to bed.
(6) Milk too is a kind of meal in itself and hence there should be an interval of at least three hours between consumption of milk and a meal.
(7) Your dress exercises a great influence on both your mind and body. Wear simple, clean and cotton dresses only. But never should you drape yourself in synthetic wears. Woolen and cotton dresses help preserve your vital energy, while synthetic and other varieties of clothings are harmful to it.
(8) It is extremely beneficial to wear a loincloth. Never sleep in the supine position. Always sleep on the side.
(9) Wake up early in the morning. Never sleep in the morning. Nocturnal emissions occur usually in the last three hours of the night.
(10) Addiction to intoxicants, such as cigarette, alcohol, hemp, opium etc. lead to loss of sexual energy. Stay clear of them.
(11) Viscous items like lady’s finger etc. should be consumed.It is healthful to take isabgol along with a drink made from Bedana and sugar candy soaked in water.
(12) Hip bath is also advisable. For this, dip your body upto the waist including the belly into a tub filled with cool water. Then rub the stomach with a towel. This is a time-tested remedy. You have to sit like this for 15-20 minutes. One can resort to this therapy once or twice a week as per requirement.
(13) It is extremely beneficial to pour cold water on the belly every night before going to bed.
(14) Prevent constipation and indigestion.
(15) Avoid using scents and perfumes. Stay clear of sexually exciting literature, movies or plays.
(16) Use separate beds even if you are married.
(17) Practice physical exercise, asanas and pranayama in the morning and the evening as a daily routine.
[Asharam Bapu is a great saint in India]